On this page you will find all the latest updates and protocols that Members will have to adhere to in order to provide a safe environment for all. The page will be updated regularly with the latest updates issued by the Covid-19 Committee
Tennis will resume on Tuesday December 1st 2020 and operate under Level 3 Guidelines for Covid-19, which is where we were prior to this current lockdown. Before returning to the Club, please familiarise yourself with the Document BelowCourt Bookings
Court Bookings are back on their normal schedule.
Please ensure from a contact tracing point of view that all names are on the court booking system. This is extremely important.
Cardio and Ladders
Cardio can resume whenever the groups concerned want to start. Ladders remain suspended for now.
It is very important that every member plays their part in helping prevent the spread of Covid.
Use hand sanitizer going in and out of the courts and when entering the club house.
Still no guests allowed.
Club house still closed except for emergency use and for putting in tokens. Please have one member of your group enter the club house for lights and don’t congregate at the entrance.
Most importantly if you don’t feel well or have been a close contact with someone who has had covid please follow the HSE guidelines and isolate.
More information from Tennis Ireland on the Reopening.
Thanks for your continued support and Welcome Back.
Sadly there is no Adult Tennis permitted for the next 6 weeks.
On the positive side Junior coaching can resume. Juniors can continue with their coaching program but can only be present in the club with a coach.Details of level 5 restrictions are HERE. We look forward to welcoming everyone back soon.
Covid -19 Guideline Documents
Members, Please familiarise yourself with the content of the latest Documents below.
Just a quick reminder to our Members on some of the important Covid-19 protocols.
Returning from abroad
As per Government guidelines if you arrive in Ireland from any country outside the green list you are being asked to restrict your movements for 14 days. We would ask all members to follow this guideline and not visit the club during that 14-day period.
Booking a court – Doubles
Please continue to ensure that are all names are on the booking sheet. The club is committed to following official HSE/Government/Tennis Ireland guidelines regarding contact tracing. We would ask all members to abide by this rule. Not having credit in your account is not a valid reason to not having all names on the booking sheet.
The club policy at the moment is still not to allow guests in the club.
Club house/Hand Sanitizer
The Club house is still closed except for emergency use only and for organised events. Please bring plenty of water as going into the Club house to get water is not a valid reason. Please ensure you continue to use the hand sanitizer at each court entrance when going in and out.
The efforts made by all members has allowed us to restart at lot of activities such as Hitting practice/Social events and ladders. It’s important that we adhere strictly to the guidelines in order to keep these activities running.
If you have any concerns, please contact any member of the committee.
Doubles is back as you probably know! Tennis Ireland have advised that we can play doubles again as part of the Phase 3 protocols.
You will find a list of all Recommendations for Phase 3 on the Tennis Ireland Website. We ask all members to read and adhere to the Recommendations.
The Covid Committee met today to review all recommendations and felt that at this stage it is not possible to implement all of these at this moment. Please bear with us as we work out the safest and fairest way for us to do this. Below is a summary of what changes are coming into effect and which ones are still on hold pending further review.
Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, so long as you remain 2 metres apart as much as possible
Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls.
If you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean / sanitise your hands before play, during play (Particularly after Serving) and immediately after finishing.
Internal club competitions will be run subject to appropriate protocols. More announcements will follow very shortly on what internal events are being organised by the club.
What’s not changing?
Visitors/Guest Players are NOT ALLOWED FOR NOW due to the very high demand for Courts at present. This will be reviewed in the future.
The Clubhouse will not open up at present. The toilet is available when needed but we ask players to minimise use to emergencies only. We do plan to have the Clubhouse open for all upcoming internal/Social events.
Consecutive court bookings are not allowed to minimise the requirement for toilet usage between games.
All names must be included on each court booking. If you get a sub, you must change the name on the booking.
Maintain social distancing, clean your hands, avoid unnecessary contact, do not play if feeling unwell.
Members should be encouraged to remind other members of the guidelines, in a gentle way, when they witness poor practices.
Again, please enjoy the return to doubles. Please continue to observe all of the guidelines in the club...more people means a higher risk, making the guidelines more important than ever.
Thanks for your brilliant and continuing support
The Club appreciates that you will have received a lot of information in the past two weeks regarding returning to play. While it is unfortunate that everyone cannot return to play tomorrow we are hopeful that restrictions will ease in the coming weeks. For those who can return to play, we have compiled a short guide covering;
The Covid 19 committee and main committee will be on hand during the first week to assist players in understanding the current guidelines.
Please contact the Covid-19 committee if you have any questions.
Eddie Pierce, Alan Kelly. Maria Marrinan. Ken Murphy. Ger O’Sullivan, Noel Ronayne
1. Ensure that your booking has your name and the name of your opponent (very important for contact tracing)
2. Ensure you have 3 marked balls which can be easily identified (see Tennis Ireland recommendations on tennis balls below)
3. Check which court you’re playing on. You need to park close to the court. See map below
4. Bring water with you. Taps are turned off at the club
5. It is strongly recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer.
6. Go to the bathroom if needed! No access to clubhouse
7. Follow Tennis Ireland Stay at home policies
1. Park in the designated parking area for your court (see attached parking layout. Look out for signs when you get there)
2. Wait at your car until others leave
3. When the court has been vacated, sanitize your hands
4. Enter court using your racket to open and close the gate.
5. Do not drop your bag close to your opponents
A Big THANK YOU to Southern Signs who have sponsored all our New Signage!
1. Physical distancing should be observed throughout the period of play, particularly on change of ends and entering and exiting the court
2. Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives or other contact
3. Each player brings their own marked balls and only serves with these.
4. Players should use their racquet / foot to pick up balls and hit them to their opponent or adjacent court and should avoid using their hands to pick up the balls.
5. Players should remain apart from other players when taking a break.
6. Leave you court on time and avoid contact with oncoming players.
Clubhouse is out of bounds but First aid kit is available inside the main door for EMERGENCIES ONLY
1. Once play has finished players should leave the premises promptly, sanitising their hands on the way out using a courtside dispenser.2. If a player becomes unwell after playing, they should first contact their GP/HSE and then inform their club.
Tennis Ireland recommendation for Tennis Balls
Practice caution with the Tennis Balls
Please read the attached email #1 from the Covid-19 Committee