On this page you will find all the latest updates and protocols that Members will have to adhere to in order to provide a safe environment for all. The page will be updated regularly with the latest updates issued by the Covid-19 Committee. Find out below how far is '5km from Home'.
The Club appreciates that you will have received a lot of information in the past two weeks regarding returning to play. While it is unfortunate that everyone cannot return to play tomorrow we are hopeful that restrictions will ease in the coming weeks. For those who can return to play, we have compiled a short guide covering;
The Covid 19 committee and main committee will be on hand during the first week to assist players in understanding the current guidelines.
Please contact the Covid-19 committee if you have any questions.
Eddie Pierce, Alan Kelly. Maria Marrinan. Ken Murphy. Ger O’Sullivan, Noel Ronayne
1. Ensure that your booking has your name and the name of your opponent (very important for contact tracing)
2. Ensure you have 3 marked balls which can be easily identified (see Tennis Ireland recommendations on tennis balls below)
3. Check which court you’re playing on. You need to park close to the court. See map below
4. Bring water with you. Taps are turned off at the club
5. It is strongly recommended that you bring your own hand sanitizer.
6. Go to the bathroom if needed! No access to clubhouse
7. Follow Tennis Ireland Stay at home policies
1. Park in the designated parking area for your court (see attached parking layout. Look out for signs when you get there)
2. Wait at your car until others leave
3. When the court has been vacated, sanitize your hands
4. Enter court using your racket to open and close the gate.
5. Do not drop your bag close to your opponents
A Big THANK YOU to Southern Signs who have sponsored all our New Signage!
1. Physical distancing should be observed throughout the period of play, particularly on change of ends and entering and exiting the court
2. Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives or other contact
3. Each player brings their own marked balls and only serves with these.
4. Players should use their racquet / foot to pick up balls and hit them to their opponent or adjacent court and should avoid using their hands to pick up the balls.
5. Players should remain apart from other players when taking a break.
6. Leave you court on time and avoid contact with oncoming players.
Clubhouse is out of bounds but First aid kit is available inside the main door for EMERGENCIES ONLY
1. Once play has finished players should leave the premises promptly, sanitising their hands on the way out using a courtside dispenser.2. If a player becomes unwell after playing, they should first contact their GP/HSE and then inform their club.
Tennis Ireland recommendation for Tennis Balls
Practice caution with the Tennis Balls
Please read the attached email #1 from the Covid-19 Committee