The Coaching Team at Carrigaline Tennis Club is Cian Blake - Head Coach, Sinead Dunne and Paul Fitzgerald assisted by Junior Coaches Ashling O'Sullivan and Claire O'Sullivan
For any Juniors interested in coaching, please note the following:
1. Coaching can only be for one person, unless the other Members are from the same household.
2. The coaching is for all Members, even if you have not had one to one before. You will need to contact the coach in advance to see what options are available.
3. Court 5 has been assigned by the COVID Committee as a dedicated coaching only court from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and 9am to 1pm on Saturday. This is to contain the coaching to one specific court within the club and help reduce risk to other members.
4. In this first phase of reopening, the coaching will be run by Cian Monday to Friday and by Mark Cunningham on Saturday mornings. ALL enquiries in relation to coaching must go through Cian as the clubs head coach, unless you have had a previous arrangement directly with Mark.
5. The coaches have satisfied the committee that they have familiarised themselves with the current guidelines from Tennis Ireland in relation to returning to play. Before making any arrangements with the coaches, they will brief you on what is now required from you in order to ensure the session can ahead safely for both member and coach.
6. For anyone who had juniors in our last coaching groups, which had to be suspended, we are working on some possible options for finishing out that term. We will be in touch in relation to this in the coming weeks, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Should you have an interest in coaching or are simply looking for more information, please contact Cian Blake or Mark Cunningham
Coaching groups are fun and games focused.
€75 per child for the term which runs for 10 weeks. Discount notes: *Discount of €5.00 applies for 2nd sibling or session *Discount of €7.50 applies for 3rd sibling or session *Discount of €10.000 applies for 4th sibling or session.
Squad sessions are more structured towards performance.
€80 per child term which runs for 10 weeks. There are no discounts available for additional siblings on squad groups.
*performance squad €90 for 10 weeks to allow for physical trainer.
ALL COACHING / SQUAD FEES PAID THROUGH EASYPAYMENTSPLUS.COM
For direction on which group to join, contact head coach Cian Blake 087 9762105.
Monday: 2 to 3pm – Junior / Senior infants
3 to 4pm – U8/U9 Coaching Group
4 to 5.30pm – U12 Performance Squad*
5.30 to 7pm - U9/U10 Squad
Tuesday: 3 to 4pm – U10/U12 Coaching
4 to 5.30pm – U12 Squad
Wednesday: Courts allocated times for box leagues (booking sheet in clubhouse)
Thursday: 3 to 4pm – U8 Coaching Group
4 to 5pm – U10 Coaching Group
5 to 6pm – U12 Coaching Group
6 to 7pm – Teen Coaching Group
Friday: 3 to 4.30pm – U9/U10 squad
4.30 to 6pm – U12 squad
6 to 7.30pm – Teen performance squad
Saturday: 3 to 4.30 – Junior Matchplay ages 5 to 13. Turn up on the day, €3 per child.
Beginners classes subject to having enough numbers!
Tennis Ireland Level 2 Qualified Coach
Performance Director Munster TennisCian has vast coaching experience at all levels of the game from social to international players. He has captained Ireland at Winter Cups and Four Nations, captaining the winning Four Nations team in 2018.
Having been an interprovincial player at junior and senior level, Cian takes great pride in representing his province. Along with winning the title as a player Cian has also captained Munster to glory at Junior and Senior levels. As well as success in team events Cian has coached players individually to International Level with some of his players representing Ireland at European Championships, Winter Cups and Four Nations
Cian's belief is that competition drives the sport. He feels that having a proper competition structure is paramount to the success of any programme. With this in mind Cian has placed a major emphasis on Matchplay and Box Leagues within the club.
For further information please contact Cian on 087 9762105
Tennis Ireland Level 2 qualified coach
Munster Performance Coach
Sinead has coached numerous provincial and national tennis players to great success over her years as a tennis coach. A former Munster interprovincial player, she was the winning non-playing Junior Captain in 2017 as well as the winning non-playing Senior Interprovincial Captain in 2018.
Sinead coaches junior squads every Monday as well as giving group lessons for senior members. She is also available for individual lessons.
For further information please contact Sinead on 087 768 2731
Tennis Ireland Level 1 qualified coach
Having competed at the highest level nationally, represented Ireland, and gone on to compete at college level in the United States, Paul brings a huge amount of playing experience to the coaching team. Along with his playing experience Paul has captained Munster at interprovincial level, is coach to provincial and national level players and is part of the Munster coaching team.
Paul is available for group and private coaching for Adults and Juniors by contacting 085 125 5422.
Ashling has been coaching in Carrigaline since 2015. She began as part of the Gaisce bronze Presidents award and when she turned 16 she completed the Play And Stay assistant tennis coaching course.
She began playing tennis in primary school through Cork Parks Tennis prior to joining Carrigaline tennis club. She has played in the Wilson and KBS tournaments.
Ashling is an assistant coach at the Club on Thursdays and Fridays and on Saturday she runs the junior matchplay along with Ken, Claire and Laoise from 3-4:30pm.
Claire has been playing tennis in Carrigaline Tennis club since she was 10. She has played in both the Wilson cup and KBS teams. She has been a junior coach since 2018 and helps with the Saturday matchplay every week.
The Event Guide for the Season has now been finalised.Please click on the link below to download
A very enjoyable Exhibition Match was given recently by the Coaching Staff with Special Guest David Thompson